YETI XD™ JK Tie Rod Assembly
YETI XD™ 1½-ton Tie Rod
|by Steer Smarts||Part number: 78065001|
STEER SMARTS™ is proud to present our most EXTREME steering linkage “The YETI XD™ Series” linkage for your Jeep JK Wrangler. We applied our 85 years of steering “lessons learned” to develop the strongest most durable linkage ever built for the Wrangler.
The YETI XD Tie Rod is a direct bolt-on for any JK Wrangler. The YETI XD Installs just minutes and there is no need to modify or alter Jeep.
FeaturesYETI XD TIE ROD ASSEMBLY:
- Easy bolt-on installation.
- Engineered for proper clearance to other chassis components to eliminate interferences.
- MADE IN THE USA
- 30mm 1 1/2 Ton ball joints designed specifically for the JK.
- Cold headed medium carbon alloy steel ball studs provide incredible impact toughness for extreme duty usage.
- Induction heat treated ball studs provide ultimate fatigue strength and superior off-road durability.
- Steel on steel bearings provide exceptional ball joint wear resistance and robustness.
- High quality seals ensure long ball joint life. Our superior seals have been rigorously tested to minimize leakage between grease service intervals which greatly improves our ball joint reliability over our competition.
- Fully greaseable.
- Powder coat over E-coat for a long lasting appearance under harsh conditions.
- External threads are e-coated for durability and long term serviceability.
- Forged from medium carbon high harden-ability steel and heat treated for greater buckling, impact, and fatigue strength.
- Forged from medium carbon high hardenability steel and heat treated for even greater buckling, impact, and fatigue strength.
- Large 1 ¼ inch rolled threads at tie rod adjuster and draglink ends provide significantly increased strength over the original equipment threads.
- Unique “Reverse Pin” technology prevents our linkage from flopping or rocking. This technology is built into the socket unlike the weak external supports on some competitor linkages.
- Tie Rod adjuster is manufactured from large diameter ¼ inch thick wall high strength 4130 Chromoly steel tubing for maximum buckling strength.
- Adjuster clamps assure proper clamp force using conventional tools without the possible risk of loosening like large jam nuts.
- Designed with right hand and left hand threads for quick and easy adjustment when installed on the vehicle.
- Internal threads and tube are also e-coated for long term serviceability.
* Tie Rod fits all left hand drive JK Wrangler models 2007 to 2017 including Rubicon and requires a 1 5/8" diameter damper bracket that is not included. Check out the YETI XD Damper Bracket.
Note: A minimum of 17”wheels is recommended.
(approx) 1 Hour
Moderate Mechanical Skill Required
Basic Hand Tools
Bent my factory tie-rod at the Rubicon and wanted a replacement that could withstand the abuse; I decided on the Yeti XD based off raved reviews. Upon receiving the new Steer Smarts tie-rod I was extremely impressed. Packaging, instructions, marketing material, and presentation were all on point. Inspecting the new tie-rod I was extremely impressed with the craftsmanship, fit, and finish of the tie-rod. On road characteristics were amazing, it truly did help tighten up my steering. First wheeling trip through the Rubicon went well and I was impressed with how well it did. It stood up to tough steering requirements and didn't bend under steering stress. However, on my second trip the tie-rod had a front end impact on flat ground with a boulder at no greater than 10MPH, I was literally rolling under the power of 4-low approaching an obstacle. Expecting it to be fine I continued on and made it home. After arriving home I realized the adjuster tube had bent from that minor impact. I was extremely disappointed that a tie rod of the price range and caliber bent on such a mild impact. I would hate to see what would have happened if I dropped the tie rod onto a rock or slid into one at a greater force. Lesson learned and I have moved onto an aluminum tie-rod. This is great for daily driving when lifted with bigger tires, overloading, or mild four wheeling. Again, great craftsmanship, top notch packaging, but not meant to be abused off road.
If just going by weight, you’re getting your moneys worth. Installing this alone can double as your workout for the day. Very solid and highly impressed with the product.
Installed the Yeti XD tie rod and noticed there wasn't much clearance from the tie rod end to the dust shields. After a few days my rotors started to rub the the dust shields due to the tie rod ends pushing the dust shields towards the rotors. Now I have to either remove the dust shields or remove the tie rod.
Definitely bigger and stronger than the stock parts. Can’t wait to test it out Rock Crawling this weekend!!
Couldn’t be more pleased with the quality and it’s def beefy as hell. Perfect.