YETI XD™ JK Top Mount Drag Link (High-Steer or Drilled-Out OE Knuckle)
YETI XD™ Top Mount 1½-ton Drag Link (High-Steer or Drilled-Out OE Knuckle)
|by Steer Smarts||Part number: 78066001|
STEER SMARTS™ is proud to present our most EXTREME steering linkage “The YETI XD™ Series” linkage for your Jeep JK Wrangler. We applied our 85 years of steering “lessons learned” to develop the strongest most durable linkage ever built for the Wrangler.
The YETI XD Top Mount Draglink for a high steer or drilled-out stock knuckle was designed to be a complete bolt-on for JK's that have already been modified for a flipped draglink. The YETI XD Top Mount installs in just minutes and bolts to a sleeved factory knuckle or High Steer knuckle hole and the factory pitman arm hole.
FeaturesYETI XD DRAGLINK ASSEMBLY:
- Easy bolt-on installation.
- Engineered for proper clearance to other chassis components to eliminate interference.
- MADE IN THE USA
- 30mm 1 1/2 Ton ball joints designed specifically for the JK.
- Cold headed medium carbon alloy steel ball studs provide incredible impact toughness for extreme duty usage.
- Induction heat treated ball studs provide ultimate fatigue strength and superior off-road durability.
- Stock JK tapered stud that bolts to either a drilled and sleeved factory knuckle or a High Steer Knuckle
- Steel on steel bearings provide exceptional ball joint wear resistance and robustness.
- High quality seals ensure long ball joint life. Our superior seals have been rigorously tested to minimize leakage between grease service intervals which greatly improves our ball joint reliability over our competition.
- Fully greaseable.
- Powder coat over E-coat for a long lasting appearance under harsh conditions.
- External threads are e-coated for durability and long term serviceability.
- Forged from medium carbon high harden-ability steel and heat treated for greater buckling, impact, and fatigue strength.
- Forged from medium carbon high hardenability steel and heat treated for even greater buckling, impact, and fatigue strength.
- Large 1 ¼ inch rolled threads at tie rod adjuster and draglink ends provide significantly increased strength over the original equipment threads.
- Unique “Reverse Pin” technology prevents our linkage from flopping or rocking. This technology is built into the socket unlike the weak external supports on some competitor linkages.
- Draglink adjuster is manufactured from large diameter ¼ inch thick wall high strength 4130 Chromoly steel tubing for maximum buckling strength.
- Adjuster clamps assure proper clamp force using conventional tools without the possible risk of loosening like large jam nuts.
- Designed with right hand and left hand threads for quick and easy adjustment when installed on the vehicle.
- Internal threads and tube are also e-coated for long term serviceability.
Draglink fits all left hand drive JK Wrangler models 2007 to 2017 including Rubicon and Unlimited.
Note: A minimum of 17”wheels is recommended. 16" wheels with a maximum 4.5 back spacing might fit but not guaranteed.
**THIS PART DOES NOT COME WITH A TAPER SLEEVE - THIS DRAGLINK HAS A TAPERED STUD INTENDED FOR AFTERMARKET KNUCKLES WITH A MACHINED TAPER OR A FACTORY KNUCKLE PREVIOUSLY DRILLED WITH A 7/8ths INSERT**
(approx) 1 Hour
Moderate Mechanical Skill Required
Basic Hand Tools
Installation was a breeze and it fixed the wobble I had with my 8 inch lifted JKU. The Jeep rides and drives like a new Jeep again and man this thing is built well. Buy one for yours, you won't regret it.