YETI XD™ Tie Rod Assembly - 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL/JT Standard (Non-Rubicon)
YETI XD™ JL/JT (Standard) 1½-ton Tie Rod
|By Steer Smarts||
Tie Rod Part #
STEER SMARTS™ is proud to present our most EXTREME steering linkage “The YETI XD™ Series” linkage for your Jeep JL Wrangler. We applied our 85 years of steering “lessons learned” to develop the strongest most durable linkage ever built for the Wrangler.
The YETI XD Tie Rod is a direct bolt-on for any JL Wrangler. The YETI XD Installs just minutes and there is no need to modify or alter Jeep.
FeaturesYETI XD TIE ROD ASSEMBLY:
- Easy bolt-on installation.
- Engineered for proper clearance to other chassis components to eliminate interferences.
- MADE IN THE USA
- 30mm 1 1/2 Ton ball joints designed specifically for the JL.
- Cold headed medium carbon alloy steel ball studs provide incredible impact toughness for extreme duty usage.
- Induction heat treated ball studs provide ultimate fatigue strength and superior off-road durability.
- Steel on steel bearings provide exceptional ball joint wear resistance and robustness.
- High quality seals ensure long ball joint life. Our superior seals have been rigorously tested to minimize leakage between grease service intervals which greatly improves our ball joint reliability over our competition.
- Fully greaseable.
- Powder coat over E-coat for a long lasting appearance under harsh conditions.
- External threads are e-coated for durability and long term serviceability.
- Forged from medium carbon high harden-ability steel and heat treated for greater buckling, impact, and fatigue strength.
- Forged from medium carbon high hardenability steel and heat treated for even greater buckling, impact, and fatigue strength.
- Large 1 ¼ inch rolled threads at tie rod adjuster and draglink ends provide significantly increased strength over the original equipment threads.
- Unique “Reverse Pin” technology prevents our linkage from flopping or rocking. This technology is built into the socket unlike the weak external supports on some competitor linkages.
- Tie Rod adjuster is manufactured from large diameter ¼ inch thick wall high strength 4130 Chromoly steel tubing for maximum buckling strength.
- Adjuster clamps assure proper clamp force using conventional tools without the possible risk of loosening like large jam nuts.
- Designed with right-hand and left-hand threads for quick and easy adjustment once installed on the vehicle.
- Internal threads and tube are also e-coated for long term serviceability.
- Clamps need to be torqued to 80-85 ft lbs, and should be oriented so that they do not interfere with anything else (generally facing forward or down). Clamp torque need to be checked at 500 miles, and then again at 2000 miles. After that, every oil change the torque specs should be checked as well as after any hard wheeling/off-roading.
* Tie Rod fits all left-hand drive JL Wrangler models 2018+ including Rubicon and requires a 1 5/8" diameter damper bracket that is not included. Check out the YETI XD Damper Bracket.
Note: A minimum of 17”wheels is recommended.
(approx) 1 Hour
Moderate Mechanical Skill Required
Basic Hand Tools
I purchased this in a package deal with a Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 adjustable steering stabilizer. The SteerSmarts tie rod is beefy and the forged tie rod ends are massive. These two parts made my death wobble problems disappear and my JLUR with 38” tires now drives better than stock.
Steersmarts makes products they way they should be made. Heavy,durable made in America construction. Makes the Gladiator drive so much better than factory.
Had tie rod assembly drag link and track bar installed on my Jeep Gladiator. Strong rugged stuff! Drives like a dream! When I'm driving across the frozen chiseled fields of Nebraska during hunting season I will have no worries about my front end parts breaking. That's for sure.
Fixed my death wobble. This company stands behind their products and their customers. I made an error and they went out of the way to help fix it.
Just the difference in weight of this tie rod compared to the stock Rubicon JL tie rod is amazing. I'm running 35s on a 3.5 inch Metalcloak gamechanger suspension on a 2 Door. I haven't had any problems with death wobble or anything like it. My Jeep drives straight down the road after it gets beat up on the trail all day long. You will need the steering dampner relocation brackets to use this tie rod. This is a great product, perhaps the only way to make it better is to make it from aluminum?