YETI XD™ JK "No Drill" Top Mount Draglink
YETI XD™ "No Drill" Top Mount 1½-ton Draglink
|by Steer Smarts||Part number: 78063001|
STEER SMARTS™ is proud to present our most EXTREME steering linkage “The YETI XD™ Series” linkage for your Jeep JK Wrangler. We applied our 85 years of steering “lessons learned” to develop the strongest most durable linkage ever built for the Wrangler.
The YETI XD "No Drill" Top Mount Draglink is a complete bolt-on for high steer applications and features our Patent Pending REVERSE TAPER MOUNT design. The YETI XD "No Drill" is the quickest and easiest draglink flip on the market. Installation takes just minutes and there is no need to modify or alter your stock knuckle. This draglink bolts to the factory tapered knuckle hole and the factory pitman arm hole.
FeaturesYETI XD DRAGLINK ASSEMBLY:
- Easy bolt-on installation.
- Engineered for proper clearance to other chassis components to eliminate interferences.
- Patent Pending "No Drill" Reverse Taper Mount makes for a quick and easy installation without the need of drilling or altering your knuckle.
- MADE IN THE USA
- 30mm 1 1/2 Ton ball joints designed specifically for the JK.
- Cold headed medium carbon alloy steel ball studs provide incredible impact toughness for extreme duty usage.
- Induction heat treated ball studs provide ultimate fatigue strength and superior off-road durability.
- Steel on steel bearings provide exceptional ball joint wear resistance and robustness.
- High quality seals ensure long ball joint life. Our superior seals have been rigorously tested to minimize leakage between grease service intervals which greatly improves our ball joint reliability over our competition.
- Fully greaseable.
- Powder coat over E-coat for a long lasting appearance under harsh conditions.
- External threads are e-coated for durability and long term serviceability.
- Forged from medium carbon high harden-ability steel and heat treated for greater buckling, impact, and fatigue strength.
- Forged from medium carbon high hardenability steel and heat treated for even greater buckling, impact, and fatigue strength.
- Large 1 ¼ inch rolled threads at tie rod adjuster and draglink ends provide significantly increased strength over the original equipment threads.
- Unique “Reverse Pin” technology prevents our linkage from flopping or rocking. This technology is built into the socket unlike the weak external supports on some competitor linkages.
- Draglink adjuster is manufactured from large diameter ¼ inch thick wall high strength 4130 Chromoly steel tubing for maximum buckling strength.
- Adjuster clamps assure proper clamp force using conventional tools without the possible risk of loosening like large jam nuts.
- Designed with right hand and left hand threads for quick and easy adjustment when installed on the vehicle.
- Internal threads and tube are also e-coated for long term serviceability.
Draglink fits all left hand drive JK Wrangler models 2007 to 2017 including Rubicon and Unlimited.
Note: A minimum of 17”wheels is recommended. 16" wheels with a maximum 4.5 back spacing might fit but not guaranteed.
(approx) 1 Hour
Moderate Mechanical Skill Required
Basic Hand Tools
I've been wheeling since the early 90's and since then a lot of places here are illegal now.
So now I drive one big-ass mall crawler. I don't care what anyone says because I built it myself from stock to 10.5" of lift, 37's and a whole bunch of awesome parts like this beefy beast drag link - the best top mounted drag link on the market!
100% recommended - Steer Smarts is good people!!!
Installed the top mount drag link, tie rod, and stabilizer bracket. It's Rock solid and a major upgrade over stock but....
I HAVE BUMP STEER NOW! Why?
If you are running any sort of lift... I'm guessing 2+ inches... You will need the track bar relocation bracket to correct your geometry. Unfortunately I didn't realize this until driving on my $1000 upgrade and realizing it had made everything worse. Bracket is on the way and I'm pretty confident that this will 100% fix the issue. Keep in mind the track bar relocation comes with its own caution regarding bump stops, so read carefully.
I did take it on a quick off road run and the steering felt amazing. Now back to the default Jeep Owner status... Waiting on parts.
Vehicle specs: 2018 JKU Rubicon, 4 inch short arm, 35 inch tires
When I bought a used 3.5 " lift he sold me a never used YETI XD HD 1.5 ton Tie Rod. Was so impressed with it, I got this an the Track Bar.
It’s a shame fourwheel parts don’t carry yeti , hopefully they soon do but that’s why I went direct to yeti to purchase product.
Thanks for the fast shipping! And military discount is much appreciated
Very impressed with the entire kit ! easy to install and no more steering issues